Algeria is the biggest country in Africa and 4/5ths of its land is covered by the Sahara Desert. Learn more fun facts about this beautiful country.
Fun Facts: 1. It’s the biggest country in Africa and the 10th largest in the world.
2. It’s located in North Africa but has a Mediterranean coastline.
3. The Sahara Desert covers 4/5ths of its land.
4. Its capital and most populous city is Algiers.
5. Major languages: Arabic, French and Berber
6. Ethnicity/Race: 99% Berber
7. Religion: 99% Islam, 1% Christianity and other
8. It locally produces beer and wine.
9. It has 18 international airports.
10. Most visitors require a Visa. Only 8 countries have visa free entry. The Visa will be denied if you have visited and have a passport stamp for Israel or one of its neighboring country land borders.
11. It has a rich history with 7 World Heritage sites: Al Qal’a of Beni Hammad, Djémila, Casbah of Algiers, M’Zab Valley, Timgad, Tipasa, and Tassil n’Ajjer.
12. Tourist attractions include ancient towns, the desert region, beaches, botanical gardens, museums, national parks and more.